This kirtle is based on a drawing from Juan de Alcega's Tailors Pattern Book, published in.. 1589 I think. It is made out of 3 yards of thin silk (I got on sale for 4 dollars a yard, squee) that had very few slubs. In the interest of how to deal with the heat in Florida, the skirt is unlined. The skirt seams are all finished with hairline french seams, with some extra stitching for reinforcement. The bodice is my newest tweaked block with a soft arched neckline and dropped V waist, I went for a shorter point then the drawing showed.
A layer of cotton twill and muslin are interlined to the silk for support and another layer of muslin for lining. Hand worked eyelets lace up the sides. The hem and skirt openings are bound with straight strips of silk and for now the sleeves pin on. I might sew in lacing ring later.
The sash is more silk with hand rolled hems and my necklace was a gift from a friend, and for once my hair is not under a coif!